Richard L. Dennis, D.M.D., M.A.G.D. – Saratoga Springs Cosmetic Dentist
Dr. Dennis followed in his father’s footsteps and joined the military after high school. After serving 4 years in the marine corps, he started his family along with his dental education. Dr.Dennis graduated from the University of Utah in 1993 and went on to graduate from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine in 1997. Three of his four children were born before he graduated from dental school.
He has continued his post-graduate studies at the following renowned institutions.
- University of Minnesota Post Graduate Program in Esthetic Dentistry
- The Las Vegas Institute
- University of Sothern California Cosmetic Continuum
- Davidson Center for Advanced Dental Studies
- University of Pittsburgh-Conscious Sedation Certification
- Rutgers School of Dentistry Advanced Implant Fellowship
In addition to, Dr. Dennis is a part of the small percentage of General Dentists to have attained the status of Master in the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD). This accomplishment requires an AGD Fellowship (having passed a rigorous 8-hour exam), over 1100 hours of continuing education, at least 5 years in good standing, and acceptance from the AGD for the mastership award.
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Fourth District Dental Society
- Saratoga County Dental Society
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- American Associate of Implant Dentistry
I’m an MAGD dentist! What does that mean for you and your family?
MAGD stands for Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. Earning Mastership takes dedication to dental continuing education (CE) beyond graduation. Less than 2 percent of general dentists in the U.S. and Canada are AGD Masters. When you see a dentist with MAGD after their name, you can rest assured that they care about knowing the latest techniques and best practices in dentistry. AGD Masters practice these techniques in a classroom setting multiple times a year — not every dentist does this.
To become an AGD Master, a dentist must:
- Complete over 1,100 credit hours of CE.
- Earn 400 of those 1,100 credits in hands-on courses.
- Pass an exam equal in difficulty to board certification exams
Dr. Richard Dennis was born in Great Falls, Montana, and grew up all over the United States because of his father’s career in the Air Force. After High School, he spent 4 years serving in the United States Marine Corps. In his free time, Dr. Dennis enjoys wake surfing, disc golf, weight lifting, involvement in local youth and church organizations and spending time with his wife and four children.