Richard L. Dennis, D.M.D., M.A.G.D. – Saratoga Springs Cosmetic Dentist
Dr. Richard Dennis’ personal values underscore the commitment to excellence that’s evident at Saratoga Smiles. “I pride myself on the fact that here at Saratoga Smiles we value each patient and treat them with the personalized attention they deserve. We know that each patient has special needs and desires and we take the time to truly listen and understand so we can determine how to best serve them. We stand behind our work and pay extra attention to quality and detail every step of the way.” Living by the “Diamond Rule”, treating others as they would want to be treated, and going that extra mile to assure satisfaction has always been Dr. Dennis’ credo. We would love to have the opportunity to meet you and find out if we are the practice you’ve been looking for. Contact us today to make your appointment!
In 1993, Dr. Richard Dennis graduated from the University of Utah and in 1997 graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine. With a firm commitment to giving his patients the best that dentistry has to offer, Dr. Dennis continued his post graduate studies at the following renowned institutions:
- University of Minnesota Postgraduate Program in Esthetic Dentistry
- The Las Vegas Institute (LVI)
- University of Southern California (USC)- Cosmetic Continuum
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies
- University of Pittsburgh – Conscious Sedation Certification (IV and Oral)
- Nobel Biocare Implant Center
In addition, Dr. Richard Dennis is one of a very small percentage of general dentists to have attained the status of Master in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). This accomplishment requires over 500 hours of continuing education, at least five continuous years in good standing, and passing a rigorous 8 hour examination.
Dr. Dennis is now working toward accreditation in the American Association of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), the International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI), the American Society of Dental Anesthesiology (ASDA) and the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)
- International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists (AACD)
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New York State Dental Association (NYSDA)
- 4th District Dental Society
- Saratoga County Dental Society
- Chamber of Commerce
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI)
- Rotary International
- Give Back A Smile (for victims of domestic violence)
I’m an MAGD dentist! What does that mean for you and your family?
MAGD stands for Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. Earning Mastership takes dedication to dental continuing education (CE) beyond graduation. Less than 2 percent of general dentists in the U.S. and Canada are AGD Masters. When you see a dentist with MAGD after their name, you can rest assured that they care about knowing the latest techniques and best practices in dentistry. AGD Masters practice these techniques in a classroom setting multiple times a year — not every dentist does this.
To become an AGD Master, a dentist must:
- Complete over 1,100 credit hours of CE.
- Earn 400 of those 1,100 credits in hands-on courses.
- Pass an exam equal in difficulty to board certification exams
America’s Top Dentists – Consumers’ Research Council of America, an independent research company based in Washington, DC that evaluates professional services throughout America, has selected Dr. Dennis for the inclusion in the 2007, 2009 and 2010 Consumer Guides. The selection process is based on a point value system that awards points for education, affiliations with professional associations and board certifications. No fees, sponsorships, donations or advertising are accepted from dentist, dental treatment facilities or dental referral organizations to insure unbiased selection.
Dr. Richard Dennis was born in Great Falls, Montana, and grew up all over the United States because of his father’s career in the Air Force. After High School, he spent 4 years serving in the United States Marine Corps. In his free time Dr. Dennis enjoys running, weight lifting, golf, tennis, involvement in local youth and church organizations and spending time with his wife and four children.